top of page
Tatura Museum is housed in the original Rodney Irrigation Trust building which was built in 1888. This is where the irrigation scheme for the western Goulburn Valley was developed.
This scheme and infrastructure has undergone many changes in the years since 1888. Rodney Irrigation Trust became part of the State Rivers and Water Supply Commission which covered the irrigation services for the whole state of Victoria. Later this became known as the Rural Water Commission, then the Rural Water Corporation. This has now been broken up into regional bodies with Tatura being the headquarters for Goulburn Murray Water.
bottom of page